Cooking and podcasts go hand-in-hand for me. Here are some of my recent favorites, depending on your mood.
You want some cooking inspo:
- Radio Cherry Bombe – Bad ass ladies hustling and making it happen in the food world, what more could you ask for?
- Why We Eat What We Eat – The unseen forces shaping what we choose to eat (including the woman who made kale happen).
- Bon Appetit – A good mix of content: interviews, cooking advice, restaurant tips, etc.
You want some mind-blowing facts:
- 99% Invisible – Unique and varied content that has made me 100% more interesting at parties.
- Every Little Thing – Listen if you want your perspective on flamingos (among other things) turned on its head.
- Ologies – There are a lot of “ologies” and Alie Ward is on a mission to explore them all. Alie and her interviewees’ enthusiasm for obscure topics is totally contagious.
You want a new perspective and a whole lotta heart:
- Dear Sugars – Cheryl Strayed and Steve Almond’s advice has changed my life. Their advice is insightful, empathetic, and beautifully delivered.
- Ear Hustle – A look inside prison, shared and produced by those living it. Will give you all the feels (and is surprisingly light and funny at times!)
- Strangers – Lea Thau is an expert (and empathetic) storyteller. These stories will make you think and I’ve listened to some episodes over and over again.
What are you listening to? I’m always looking for recommendations.